sabato 1 agosto 2015

Review: Paris Time Capsule by Ella Carey


24858102
Title: Paris Time Capsule
Author: Ella Carey
Release Date: May 26th, 2015
Pages: 290


New York–based photographer Cat Jordan is ready to begin a new life with her successful, button-down boyfriend. But when she learns that she’s inherited the estate of a complete stranger—a woman named Isabelle de Florian—her life is turned upside down.
Cat arrives in Paris to find that she is now the owner of a perfectly preserved Belle Époque apartment in the ninth arrondissement, and that the Frenchwoman’s family knew nothing about this secret estate. Amid these strange developments, Cat is left with burning questions: Who was Isabelle de Florian? And why did she leave the inheritance to Cat instead of her own family?
As Cat travels France in search of answers, she feels her grasp on her New York life starting to slip. With long-buried secrets coming to light and an attraction to Isabelle de Florian’s grandson growing too intense to ignore, Cat will have to decide what to let go of, and what to claim as her own.


I really don't like Paris and France so much, but when I read the synopsis of this book I thought it would be an amazing chance to learn something more about Paris, because back in march I read Anna and the French kiss and I really liked the whole Paris building. Cat decides to go to Paris with her boyfriend, and when she arrives she finds out that she's the owner of an apartment that has been closed for years now. This girl named Isabelle de Florian has left the apartment to her, and not to her family, so she starts question herself. 
This could have been a great book, the whole story was supposed to make you love the writing style and the characters, but the main problem was the writing style. I know the copy I read was an ARC, and I know that maybe they changed something in the end, but the thing is that to me, the whole book needed to be rewritten. I kept reading because at some point I became a little curious, but my eyes were bleeding. I really didn't like the writing style at all and I think this is why I didn't appreciate the book in the end. 
Sometimes I didn't even like the characters! They acted like they were stupid, and maybe they really were. I wish I didn't read this book, because I had high expectations and it was a disappointment. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento